Lots of fandoms, but these days mostly Pokemon all day every day.
FC: 0619-3897-9832, IGN: Phoebe
Don't be shy, message me your Friend Codes! I'm one of those masochistic types that actually enjoys IV breeding too, so you can ask me to breed you something and probably just do it for kicks (within limits yo!)
Socially conscious fun-ruining type.
Also shiny shit and pretty things.
My older cat got sick of my kitten trying to play with him so he pinned him down and licked him until he fell asleep
i need to stop seeing this shit come up on my dashboard. stop mimicking “black men” when you invoke predatory sexuality. recognize it and stop doing it. recognize the part youre playing in perpetuating the deadly myth of the black male rapist.
and read this: "Rape, Racism and the Myth of the Black Rapist" from Angela Davis’s Women Race and Class
I understand what is said here, and agree. But I think the pictures/gifs used to demonstrate were a bad choice, only one directly points to the “Predator” being a black man. Just an observation.
find out what aave is and come back
Point made, I was just giving an observation. I agree with your post 100% , but I think there are better examples
absolutely there are. but i made this post as a direct response to seeing the first two gifsets go viral around tumblr’s feminist community. i added the third screenshot to further contextualize my point. a lot of feminists i followm reblogged the hell out of the first two, obviously not seeing that they were using racism to fight sexism.
i also still think you’re failing to see that these are GOOD examples. because in neo-liberal media, overt racism isn’t as pervasive as “subtle” racism. so it’s exactly those first two posts that ppl need to be more aware of. because they might not be trained to see the racism in those situations where it’s not blatant. and that’s exactly what happened when those posts went viral.
this post is going around again a little bit so i want to add a thought process i’ve developed since this post’s conception. if you don’t actually think this is a thing (like some of you reblogging this to say black ppl are reaching bc you assumed op, i, was black) keep a notepad with you for a few weeks and write down every time a non-black person slips into aave (in speech, in a text message, on facebook, whatever.) then next to that, write down why. i’ve done this, and the second column never strayed from three overlapping categories:
1) jocose sexual predation (as in the examples above. real life examples: “AY GIRL, lemme holla atcha!” “lemme get cho numba.. ay yo where you goin’?” on someone’s selfie/profile pic: “DAYUM.” “damn ma, you is fiiiiine.”) verbally, this is, without fail, accompanied by a faked very deep voice. wonder why?
2) jocose aggression (real life examples: “YO FUCK DAT NOISE I AIN’T ABOUT DAT, FUCK DA HATERZ” “WHO IS YOU” “YO ima STOMP that FOOL!” "im finna snatch this bitch weave")
3) being loud (real life examples: “MUH FUCKIN HOMIE” “FO REAL DO” “ooo girrrlll!!!” )
so we slip into aave when we’re putting on sexual predation, aggression, and loudness. what does that tell us about stereotypes of black americans?
your solidarity is so real I wanna weep.
since I’ve reblogged this last time I’ve seen like 3 videos sketches with white/ non-black women doing this
Literally every time I see a joke about street harassment it’s like this
can white women/non black woc do feminism without shitting on black people for once
customizable elf ears. customizable. elf ears. customizing the shape of our elfquisitors’ ears. i just. you. we. this is huge
Please stop supporting FCKH8
Special post to celebrate the awesomeness of the 3 legendary bird Pokemon. Articuno is and will always be my favorite. (If I were to categorize them in my usual way we’d have, a frozen turkey, a deep fried chicken and a crispy duck.)
If she doesnt flip her hair in slow motion in this next season Ill be disappointed.
She said no — her story started here. Her whole life she thought she wasn’t wanted, that she didn’t belong, that every family that took her in didn’t want her to stay, didn’t care. But all that time it was S.H.I.E.L.D. protecting her, looking after her. That’s what she took away from the story — Not the family she’ll never have but the one she’s always had. Here I am telling her something that could destroy her faith in humanity. And somehow, she manages to repair a little piece of mine.
- An officer shot a black teen, and STL rioted — in 1962
- ACLU declared Ferguson PD is withholding information on Mike Brown’s killing
- 3 troubling things exposed by the Ferguson police shooting of Mike Brown
- Survey exposes sharp racial divide in public perception of Ferguson crisis. (x)
- Deaconess Foundation responds to Ferguson unrest with $100K investment for youth organizing
- MO State Sen. Jamilah Nasheed says no county prosecutor should ever be in charge of officer-involved shooting
- Gov. Nixon’s political stock just swirled down the drain
- A message from Lost Voices. Donate to Lost Voices - what they need right now
- Shaun King: “If they decide they aren’t even going to indict Wilson, I think it’s a 50/50 chance that St. Louis county completely explodes instantly.” (storify)
- Injured kids talk back (video) (Note: video was uploaded on Aug. 28)
Page 1 of 1844